Wednesday 14 May 2014

London: Harry Potter Studios


One of the coolest things I've seen in my life (see how geeky I am) was visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour. It was awesome, you get to see authentic props, costumes and full sets. It was honestly like walking through the movie it was so worth the £30! Afterwards I was so obsessed I had to binge the Harry Potter Series over the next few days! Unfortunately as my very bad luck would have it my camera died just before the best part of the tour so I have no photos of the epic Diagon Alley or the Hogwarts Castle Model used for shooting arial shots and wide angles of the castle. It was so cool I can't believe I didn't get photos, however at the shop I did buy the guide book which has images and descriptions of everything on the tour so I suppose that will have to do! The pictures here didn't upload in the correct order of the tour but I really didn't want to sort them all out but I think it'll still give you a good idea of how the tour went, at least I hope so. I highly recommend doing this tour if your ever in London and frankly I would do it again in a heart beat if I had a chance it was very cool!
So Here it is Harry Potter's Cupboard under the Staircase Bedroom, its very very tiny and the first thing you see at the amazing studio tours!

 The Great Hall is spectacular the whole set was taken down and put back up exactly as it was so it could be included in the tour, however the roof is removed.
 All the props and costumes are authentic from the movies non are copies.


 There are four statues lighting the room, guess which ones? Right, its the Badger (Hufflepuff), Raven, (Ravenclaw), Slytherin (Snake) and Lion (Griffindor).









 Snape only had the one outfit in the whole movie his only costume change is when he appears as a Boggart in Neville's Grandmothers clothes in the third film.



 Me and the Headmaster, classic.That face, I'm clearly so pumped.



 From the Yule Ball :)<3 

 Lol Ron
 This was a real cake on set and sat out for months, no one ate it.
Here is a model of the Great Hall Roof.


 Laid out costume and make up table, shows you how precise everything had to be in order to remake the characters in the same way every time.



 The dorm room had such detail, and as the movies developed so did the room, each year the set crew added more and more "personal" belongings to the walls and shelves for each of the characters, the bedside tables there for had props suiting Ron, Neville, Harry and Dean. 
 Each wand was different for each Character, originally they were going to be guilded shinny tacky things but I guess J.K didn't like that much and said they should all be different and unique and all be carved out of wood.
 Remember this mirror, you can see me in the reflection unfortunately I didn't see what my deepest desire was.
 This hallway here is actually a painting. completely 2D


 Snape's Potions Classroom.



 The Griffindor Common room





 The door to Dumbledoor's Office, and me taking a selfie going in:) hehe.


 The portraits of past headmasters, some our paintings of mythical and legendary witches and wizards from stores, others are producers and makers of the films, and I heard that somewhere in one of the movies Gandalf is in there somewhere.

 The Horcruxes..


 First is the green screens for making moving portraits the other photos is for the animal actors of the various animal characters in the film most were rescued animals. 


 The Burrow










 The Death Eaters.


 Magic is Might Stature, its very creepy.
Umbridge's office, Hate her the most.


 Ministry for Magic


 Letters and Various other props like candies and Newspapers. The set crew really just went to town creating these some were so funny to read. 


 The Marauders Map




The Night Bus
 So if You recall the twisted bridge from the films that Neville Blows up with Shamus in 7 part 2. and on the Right is number 3 Private Drive, the Dursley's House.
 Here is James and Lily's home in Godric's Hollow. This house was actually modelled off a real house in the countryside that one of the producers came across, it was falling to disrepair but still in shape. You can see in this roof the hole which was blown out when Voldemort's curse rebounded off Harry. Too Cool.
 The Awesome and very large chess set from the Philosopher's Stone.






 The Infuri super scary!






 Dobby, I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up when I saw his little wounded body. Worst part in the whole series.


 Evil Voldemort Horcrux baby.

 Hagrid's giant robot head for wide angle shots.









Gringotts bank. Here my camera died.:(
So my camera died, but what was left was Diagon Alley (so so SO cool), the Hogwarts Model, and the Architecture design sketches for sets as well as artwork for the films.

No comments:

Post a Comment