Wednesday 14 May 2014

April 26th/27th: National Gallery and Camden Markets

On my third day in London I took a trip to the National Art Gallery. Thanks to Steph's amazing friend Molly I was able to see the Exhibition for free. The permanent collections are always free admittance. Running while I was there was Veronese as well as Van Gogh's famous Sunflowers. 
So in front of the National Gallery are four pedestals to house military leader statues, however one was never filled and so artists get selected to have a showcase there from time to time this "Blue Cock" literally is a feminist piece by a female artists whose name I can't recall, regardless it is both heated and loved and has caused much controversy as it doesn't really suit the theme of the Square.




After the National Gallery I met up with Steph and one of her flat mates James. The three went to the National History Museum. I somehow forgot to take any pictures while there, oops:S must have been having to much fun.

Now its been too long but I believe we saw the Camden Markets on the 27th, after a late start to the day. This market is very cool and takes place in these old horse stables. The Market is right next to the Lock and there is plenty to do between the trinkets and charms shops the food and the sites.


Here was a small surprise, a vegetarian restaurant Steph and I happened upon with plenty of Vegan options too:)
Anyways, I'm so behind in blogging I really need to catch up!


No comments:

Post a Comment