Wednesday 9 April 2014

Wednesday, April 9th 2014: The Sea


Today I had my first big ride in probably, 4 or 5 years. Last time i did this much cycling was a training camp in 2011 I think for speed skating Canada Winter Games prep. we did about 70k from our drop off point to the beach on the Mediterranean. It wasn't too bad a route in terms of hills and drops but when we had to climb, boy was it hard. The hill inclines were not that steep on this ride but they were long some felt like they'd never end! I suppose part of that is a lack of training on my end. I also was having a ton of problems with my gears I guess my bike has this thing called micro shifting so I was all over the place on it for a while making a real mess of my chain. I'm proud of how far I went but I am definitely going to be very sore tomorrow. On top of the muscle aches I got burned... very badly sun burned. My skin is totally red and I can feel the heat coming off it, time to purchase sunscreen I think. I didn't swim in the sea today it is still pretty cold from winter but I did put my feet in and found a couple nice little shells as souvenirs. Since this is a cycling hotel in part I expect I'll have to get used to the long rides and should maybe start doing a little training on my own. One thing is for sure I now see how my brothers eat so much, as I am writing this I am on my third Peanut butter and agave sandwich. Too tired to cook but in desperate need of the carbs. 

























1 comment:

  1. OMG! :O your sunburn is so intense! I am especially impressed by the helmet lines on your forehead. Also now you understand... "THE hunger". This hurts to look at.

    ReplyDelete