Wednesday 2 April 2014

Wednesday April 2nd, 2014: A Walk in the Park


Salut!

Today was my first day off work, I will be getting every Wednesday off. Today I chose to take a lazy day but in the future I plan to use Wednesdays as short excursion travel days! Next week Kristina and I have decided to go to Carcassonne for the day. It is a medieval fortified castle city that is very much still inhabited by todays modern world. It is a major tourist attraction here in the South as it is in almost pristine condition and I believe a UNESCO world heritage site. I will be sure to take lots of photos. I had hoped to use today to do some sketches of Limoux and possibly some more exploring, however it was very windy and not that warm. This was in addition to the spring allergies I am experiencing in full effect. Needless to say I was not in a very active mood today. 

I did make it out for a walk though which brings me to the point of this post. I decided to explore the parkway along the river. I wore my Sanuks which was a bad idea as the terrain definitely called for runners. That aside I did stumble across a very interesting exercise course I thought I ought to share. I think my dad will especially enjoy it. 

 So some did not have signs but the three at different heights is either for jumping over or stretching...

 The left is chin up bars I haven't a clue what to do with the triangle of posts

 Not the faintest idea what to do with the ramp and bar it had no sign but the next one is for leap frogging, one after the other increasing heights.
 

 This one is for jumping on stump to the next and balancing just so you get the idea of the distance they expect you to make I took a picture of my foot between the two blocks, there are two rows side by side for everything so I think you are supposed to do it as a race.

 This on the left is a balancing beam and the picture is showing some kind of stretch or something, I am really not sure.

Anyways I thought it was funny and now I know how the french eat so much cheese and butter but stay slim. 

Here are some pictures of some of the more scenic things I saw on my walk in the park. 

Really old well..
  






                       

 I'm not sure what this platform was or is but it certainly used to be some kind of foundation.Old mill or factory of some sort most likely


 We park on the side walks here....



Well that's basically it for Limoux, so a few interesting things but nothing too special... I might limit my posts to occur only when something really interesting comes up like Carcassonne next week and London and Paris etc. 

A Tout! (I'm not too sure what that means but a girl from high school said it to me at the end of her messages, maybe I used it incorrectly, if you know what it means tell me)!

1 comment: