Monday 21 April 2014

April 16th 2014: Day 2 Paris

This was one of Picasso's frequent stops just to give you an idea of how awesome my day was!
Paris is so nice I hope finals are going well
The second day in Paris brought beautiful weather and since it called for rain later in the week I chose to do more neighbourhood walks rather than spend the day in doors and have to potentially trudge through the rain another day. So I set outfor the wonderfully beautiful and horrifyingly touristy Montmartre where the great painters of the 20s had their stomping ground and many painters go today on order to pick up any inspirations the greats may have left behind. I began at the famous Moulin Rouge immortalized by Toulouse Letrec and more recently Nicole Kidman, and ended up at the Sacre Cœur which sits as the highest point of land in Paris! Hills and stairs my friends, many many hills and stairs, I earned my indulgences that day!  By the way I dunno how I turned this blue or how to change it back! 


The graveyard in Montmartre is very cool this is Alexander Dumas Fils! I took a lot of photos I'll maybe put them all on Facebook instead of here. I could have spent a lot more time here than I did. I think I found Degas as well by this was harder to distinguish than Dumas. There was also this evil satanic cat there and anyone who knows me will tell you that if I think a cat is evil it really must be true as I adore cats! 



After the amazing view from the Sacre Cœur I headed off to The Marais, the old Jewish Quarter which is now I'm told the heart of the cities Gay and Lesbian Community! There my first stop was the House of Victor Hugo, a brilliant museum much ignored by the "must see" lists of Paris. 

After that I was hurtin for some lunch considering it was well past. (Although I did get candied nuts from a man at the Sacre Cœur) so as anyone knows The Marais is one of the best places in the world for Falafel and is a must but fair warning if you love Falafel because no other falafel will ever be good enough for you again after this. Rue des Rosiers is the must see market street and the place where Falafels are to be got. 
Yum yum yum and totally Vegan, although non-Vegan versions are more than available. 

After this delicious an unforgettable meal (which I had two of) it was time to finish the Marais district walk which was one of my favorite neighbourhoods for sure and than I finished off the evening at the Pompidou Centre! A brilliant flash of Modernity in the heart of an ancient city! Magnificent! 

Picasso's Guitarist 


And thus concluded a very full very long and very, very beautiful second day in Paris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment