Sunday 30 March 2014

Dimanche, Mars 30 2013: My First Run


 Bon Soir, as Promised here are some photos from my first run in Limoux today! Fabienne (The Chef at Le Monastère) Gave me directions on a good easy, hard-to-get-lost, first run.

<---And Here I am
 <-- this was an old decrepit garden house I just loved and the photo does not do it any justice.

I was trying to capture the windmills here. You can vaguely see them atop the hill. One of the first things I noticed in Europe is the different kinds of Energy, and how common renewable resources seem to be compared to back home. Wind turbines, and solar panels seem to be especially common as well as electric and hybrid cars. Of course less renewable forms are prominent as well. Fabienne told me that electricity in France is about 60% more than what we pay in Canada so the French are very stingy with it.This I believe is an Orchard I do not know what of however. 

Everything is in full bloom now. Well its almost in full bloom.
 
 


 

 

 Here (below) is an example of what I meant earlier when I said the streets were narrow.
 

<-- Very old Pathways between 400-600 years old for the stone lining.
 
Ducks! (I had to, so cute!)

The bridge. The hotel is on the side of the river that this photo is facing.
 
If I am correct I believe this is my apartment to be I think the two buildings are the same as there is only one house number.

 
This is the museum of pianos... I can't say its a major "must do" for me ^

 

This is the back of the Church of Limoux, I haven't been in yet but I imagine its beautiful as all old European churches tend to be.


 

 

And here is the local fire hall just across the bridge from the hotel.

Anyways, that is everything I saw while running. (Condensed anyways.) I hope it gives everyone a taste of the flavour of Limoux.
I have photos of the Carnival (An event that last 3 months or something) to come so stay tuned!
For now,
Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment