Wednesday 16 July 2014

June 26-July1st: Stephanie's Visit to Limoux



So once again I have fallen behind in my blogs, this post will be surrounding the visit of my dear friend Stephanie and hopefully I will start posting on my trip to Spain with my parents. My goal is to have that one done before they come back from Provence so I can post about their visit to my region on time!

When it comes to having good friends I really am that person who counts themselves lucky, its an area I have always been blessed in. The last few days served only as a reminder of that with my oldest friend Steph coming for a visit here in the South of France. If you recall Steph is also the friend who I went to visit in London back in May. It crazy moving half way across the Globe and still finding time to bump into your lifelong friends on the way but again I guess I just am that lucky!


So naturally when Steph got in I just had to make her try Blanquette which is my regions specialty, a sparkling wine that is NOT champagne (even though it really is) . This first photo is Steph and her blanquette in the square:)
With all her travels she had a hankering for a home cooked meal and I was told I did not disappoint. I provided her with salad, lentil loaf and my secret weapon clean-vegan-death-by-chocolate! Unfortunately I forgot to snap a picture of the Lentil loaf but you can see the salad our wine and a picture of the layers in my clean cake:) (Clean meaning healthy, no refined sugars, fats or dairy)!




Of course we were dying to get to the beach and I was struggling to map out a good train route there when Tom stepped up and offered us a road trip! It was a blast and besides the wind it was the perfect beach day!




Okay we can't help but be goofs when we are together.



 Of course you can't come all the way to the South of France without a little sight seeing of quaint Catalan Villages and the country side.





And of course the many Cathar Chateaus 



 And you definitely can't come to Aude without seeing Carcassonne, a UNESCO world heritage site. This fortified city is one of the best preserved in Europe!











 Of course a quick stop at some of the sites in and around Limoux such as the Churches and the ruins of Alet-les-Bains Abbey (I have pictures on a previous post)


Of course we skyped with my parents seeing as Steph has known them almost as long as I have and we finished off the last day with pancakes in honour of Canada day back home:)

July 1st was Steph's last day here before she flew off to Portugal before heading home to Canada. She is currently living things up in Toronto before heading back to Saskatoon in the fall! Can't wait to see her again!

As I said I plan on posting about my trip into Spain with my parents asap! I have a few exciting things coming up in my last month in Europe so hopefully I'll stay on top of my media updates!
Oh and yes today is the 16th of July which means exactly one month and I am headed home...crazy how time does fly!



1 comment: