Thursday 7 August 2014

Toulouse

Okay so on the 25 I met up with my darling Stacey in Toulouse as she started out on her own european adventure. For living so close to Toulouse I'm actually pretty disappointed in myself for taking so long to see the city but I finally had a good excuse! Toulouse is a university city and the largest in the south of France. Its actually kind of similar to Saskatoon in a lot of ways. Unfortunately we had super bad weather so there wasn't a lot going on but normally there is plenty happening in the market squares and along the river beaches and canals. 


 This basilica is one of the largest in France and is a UNESCO world Heritage site. Saint Sernin I believe.

 I apologize my photos are so blurry obviously I was just shaking in excitement to see Stace.





 This is the nicest looking water tower I've ever seen I put it here for my Mother who collects photos of interesting water towers, this one now houses a photography museum.




 As you can see we got an excellent view of the city from the ferris wheel which yours truly forgot to take a picture of because I am awful at capturing moments and will clearly have no hope of recollecting memories of my youth when I am old and senile.


Staceys first time ever on a train and I was there for it!!!! I think she hates trains now though, you'll have to ask her.

No comments:

Post a Comment